The FIRST Lego League Core Values:
- We are a team.
- We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors.
- We know our coaches and mentors don't have all the answers; we learn together.
- We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
- What we discover is more important than what we win.
- We share our experiences with others.
- We display Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® in everything we do.
- We have FUN!
- Respect – I respect my teammates, my coaches and myself. I am considerate to other members of the team and my coaches. I listen to advice and know that we all learn together. I pay attention when others are talking and give everyone a chance to be heard. I value the contributions of my teammates. I respect the ideas and opinions of others even if I don't agree with them.
- Willingness - I am a member of a team. I stay focused on the FIRST Lego League challenge and use my time wisely. I ask questions when I don't understand. I keep an open mind to see things from different points of view. I use my imagination and creativity in a productive way.
- Accountability – I will arrive at meetings on time. I will be prepared. I will use my time wisely and effectively.
- Fun – I will have fun! I love to compete. I enjoy solving problems in new and different ways. I like to think through tough problems and I like to work hard.